Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Trip West Tibet - Mt Kailash Day 0

This is the toughest part of the trip. We are doing a kora (Walk one round around the mountain) around Mt Kailash, the sacred mountain of the Tibetans and the Hindus. They believed that one round around Kailash will washed away one lifetime of sins. The total distance measured is about 57 kilometre of walking and the highest altitude reached will be 5630 km above sea level. We planned to complete the journey in 2 days. I was actually worried. Without doing anything, my pulse was already beating like a horse, I wonder what will happen if I start to strain myself. Anyway, it is a trip that I have to make nonetheless. I would never back down from a challenging task. Anyway, we rested at the base for a night before moving onwards to climb it. The bad news we had was that it has been snowing for a few days on the top and now the place is covered with ice and snow.

No comments: